You can find online health information on the HealthInfo website.
The web address is http://www.healthinfo.org.nz. It is approved by local doctors, practice nurses, hospital clinicians and other healthcare professionals. HealthInfo has a wealth of information, from basic information on a variety of health topics and descriptions of local health services and support which are available to you, through to links to recommended websites for you to read.
Another website that you can use to find reliable and trustworthy health information and self-care resources is www.healthnavigator.org.nz. It focuses on promoting clear and consistent health information and messages. The Ministry of Health also has a catalogue of free health resources through the website: www.healthed.govt.nz. These resources will empower you with knowledge and understanding about your health and assist you in making an informed decision about your care.
These websites are provided to help you understand and manage your health but should not take the place of a medical consultation. If you have concerns about anything related to your health, see your doctor for advice.
Other Useful Health-Related Websites
- Code of Health & Disability Services – Consumers’ Rights: http://www.hdc.org.nz/
- For all your questions about influenza: http://www.fightflu.co.nz/
- Our Primary Health Organisation (PHO): http://www.pegasus.health.nz/
- Medsafe – NZ Medicines & Medical Devices Safety Authority: www.medsafe.govt.nz
- SunSmart – find out how to reduce the risk of melanoma: www.sunsmart.org.nz
- Alcohol – Information, Resources and Advice: www.alcohol.org.nz
- Information on children’s health – kidshealth.org.nz
- Community and Public Health – cph.co.nz
- Information on nitrates in drinking water (Blue Baby syndrome)